cinfo ricerca Deputy Global Logistics Cluster Coordinator ricerca P4
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The Logistics Cluster is a humanitarian coordination mechanism designed to ensure an efficient and effective emergency response. It is comprised of a group of actors committed to address common logistics needs in humanitarian contexts by ensuring coordination, information management, and, where necessary, by facilitating access to logistics services. Due to its expertise in humanitarian logistics and its field capacity, the World Food Programme (WFP) was chosen by the Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) as the lead agency of the Logistics Cluster. WFP hosts the Global Logistics Cluster Support Team (GLC ST) in its headquarters in Rome.
At global level, the Logistics Cluster provides strategic guidance to broaden knowledge and improve decision-making in humanitarian logistics and works on system-wide preparedness and contingency planning. At field level, it brings together organisations responding to humanitarian emergencies so as to pool efforts and avoid duplication and is responsible for coordination and information management of the logistics response.
This position is located within the GLC ST and reports to the Global Logistics Cluster Coordinator (GLCC). Travel to field operations and other destinations is required.
The Deputy Global Logistics Cluster Coordinator (DGLCC) role is pivotal to the effective implementation of the Logistics Cluster Strategy through ensuring that Logistics Cluster operations at field level and Logistics Cluster engagements at global level meet the expectations of partners and donors in terms of coordination, information management and, where applicable, facilitation of access to common services. In addition to specified key accountabilities, the purpose of the job is to ensure operational continuity of Global Logistics Cluster engagements in absence, or in representation, of the GLCC.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Identify and build collaborative relationships and partnerships with counterparts in NGOS, UN Agencies, governments, the private sector and other key stakeholders to share knowledge and resources and ensure implementation of the Logistics Cluster mandate and strategy. Ensure regular contact with a wide scope of partners for dialogue on humanitarian logistics challenges and the role of Logistics Cluster and participate in Inter-Agency and other collaborative fora as required.
- In coordination with the GLCC, GLC ST colleagues and key stakeholders, monitor and analyse the geographical and thematic areas of critical operational importance to Logistics Cluster partners in order to drive collaboration amongst the humanitarian logistics community and harmonise efforts to identify relevant and timely solutions to common logistics challenges.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, monitoring and review of the Logistics Cluster Strategy.
- Engage directly with institutional and non-institutional donors with the aim of securing and managing funds for the Global Logistics Cluster and field operations.
- Where required, and in support of the Logistics Cluster Strategy, design and manage the full lifecycle of project management, including planning, engaging with partners and key stakeholders, budgeting, strategically allocating material and human resources, and ensuring implementation and reporting.
- Engage in the planning and implementation of key global meetings and collaborations with Logistics Cluster partners such as, but not limited to, Global Logistics Cluster Meetings.
- Support the GLCC with all matters related to the efficient functioning of the GLC ST through best practise performance management and by proactively fostering a team culture that values diversity and inclusion, human dignity and enables all members of the team to contribute to the best of their ability.
- In accordance with the division of specific functional responsibilities agreed upon with the GLCC, directly supervise staff in the GLC ST in their day-to-day tasks and act as line manager and first level supervisor.
- Deploy globally to assess, establish and manage cluster operations in the field and travel to oversee on-going operations when and as needed. Serve as Logistics Cluster Coordinator in rapid onset Level 3 Emergencies if required.
- Act as the Officer in Charge (OiC) in the absence of the GLCC.
- Other tasks as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree (preferably in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Logistics, or other related fields), or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language desirable: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or Portuguese (A WFP's working language)
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- A minimum of eight years of professional experience in a humanitarian logistics/supply chain role including:
- Experience in identifying and building collaborative relationships and partnerships with counterparts in NGOs, UN Agencies, governments and the private sector
- Experience in field emergency responses including engagement with the Logistics Cluster or other humanitarian logistics coordination systems
- Experience in donor acquisition and donor relationship management whether for institutional donors or as public private partnerships
- Experience in the development of logistics/supply chain strategies and concepts of operations
- Experience in facilitating and coordinating multi-stakeholder projects and fora to reach common objectives.
- Experience in managing logistics/supply chain operations including coordination with internal and external stakeholders and supporting emergency programs.
- Experience supervising teams of professional staff from diverse backgrounds.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Outreach and Partnership. Ability to network with key partners and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to build and strengthen collaborative relationships
- Communication. Ability to convey key messages accurately to diverse audiences in written and verbal formats.
- Management. Ability to take personal accountability for upholding and delivering upon team's commitments and provide assurance to stakeholders. Ability to adjust team's plans and priorities to optimize outcomes in light of evolving directives, while also responding quickly in high- pressure environments, such as in emergency settings.
- Analysis. Ability to recognise key information requirements, drive information collection and analysis in order to meet partners' operational needs.
- Supply Chain/Logistics. Ability to lead the design and implementation of logistics and supply chain strategies within area of operations managed.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term as well as a rotational contract with a probationary period of one year.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days' annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance. For more details please visit icsc.un.org
This is how cinfo can support you in the application process for this specific position:
- Before you apply for this position: Improve your application documents by registering for a Job Application Support.
- When invited to the interview: Prepare for the interview by registering for a Job Application Support. This service is offered free of charge to Swiss nationals.
Interested in a career with multilateral institutions? Read more:
Working with the United Nations
Trovaci su facebook
Working with International Financial Institutions For Swiss nationals